Best iPad Video Format
Reader Mark recently posted us this question:
“I have a bunch of videos that are formatted in AVI that I’d like to make playable on the iPad. I looked on the iPad spec sheet and it seems to be able to play a few formats. What is the best quality video format for iPad? I’m pretty new to all this.”
Well, as we know iPad is now the hottest tablet computer from Apple. The 9.7-inch high-resolution screen makes iPad perfect for watching DVD movies, TV shows, podcasts, music videos and more. However, the iPad video formats are relatively limited compared to the number of formats available on the market. Here’s a list of the iPad supported video formats.
iPad Video Format
- H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
- MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Apple’s Choice of Best Video Format for iPad
Same with iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, Apple’s choice of best video format for iPad is the .mp4 or h.264 video format. Apple’s likely reason for these particular choices of codec is that they are an open, established standard, and they both provide a very high level of video and audio quality for a given file size. MPEG-4 has historically been very good in this regard to begin with, and the H.264 codec has only improved on the quality and file size efficiency.
Best Video Format Converter for iPad
So you have a load of videos which you want to view on your iPad but they aren’t the right format? To change your videos into the best video format for iPad follow the guide below:
To convert your videos you have to first download the best iPad Video Format Converter: Aiseesoft iPad Converter Suite. It is the complete software pack which you can use to convert your DVD and any video files into the best video format for the iPad. Click here to download Aiseesoft iPad Converter Suite.
1. Open Aiseesoft iPad Converter Suite and choose which one you’d like to convert: DVD or Video
2. Then add the video you want to convert
3. Click convert
4. Then use iTunes to transfer the video onto your iPad
5. Use the iPad to watch your newly converted video
You can also convert DVD or videos to the best video format for iPad on Mac. Click here to find the best DVD to iPad Converter for Mac or best iPad video converter for Mac software to convert them into iPad video format.