High Resolution iPad 3 May Arrive Later This Year
Apple’s iPad is holding over 80% of the market share of the US tablet market. Not only in the US but across the world, people have gone crazy to have the new iPad 2. Although being the best tablet ever, Apple’s followers are still looking for an even greater iPad 3 and eagerly exploring the Internet for “iPad 3 release date.” Nowadays, based on the Reports by different Techies that Apple will launch the iPad 3 in the fourth quarter of 2011 and it will have a resolution five or six times higher than that of the iPad 2, it has been reported.
Not so fast…
That Apple’s working on a follow-up to the iPad 2 is not much of a surprise. A similar report from DigiTimes earlier this month said Apple was in the process of selecting the parts that would go into it. However, Apple introducing a third iPad model within eight months of debuting the last version would be highly unusual. Even the iPod, which has been one of Apple’s most frequently updated gadgets, has long stayed on an annual cycle that may only vary by a few weeks to a month.
But may a surprise…
However, Apple owns the tablet market. The competition may be improving, but it’s unclear how alternative tablets such as the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Hewlett-Packard TouchPad will do in the consumer market. And with the Apple App Store featuring more than 100,000 apps optimized for the iPad, it’s hard to imagine tablet shoppers would opt for slate running, say, Android, WebOS, or another non-Apple OS.
Whatever its launch date, the iPad 3 features are expected below:
- Retina Display: People were expecting a retina display with the iPad 2; but the iPad disappointed them with the same display of the previous iPad. Now followers are waiting for an iPad 3 with a retina display. There is a rumor that the iPad 3 may offer a resolution of 2048×1536 pixels.
- SD Card Slot: People are expecting a revolution in Apple iPad 3 with an SD card slot. Hopefully Apple may introduce SD card slot with the third generation iPad.
- Improved HDMI: Yes iPad 2 also supports HDMI playback but you need to have Apple digital AV adapter, and that comes at an additional cost of $39. So it is much expected from iPad 3 to have an HDMI port that eliminates additional requirement of the HDMI cable.
- Camera Flash: A camera with flash is a much-waited feature of the iPad; people were expecting iPad 2 to have camera flash; now we would be wondering if iPad 3 will have camera with flash.
- Thunderbolt: The iPad 3 may have a Thunderbolt port. That will offer power, video and data connectivity using the same connector at lightning speed.
- Wireless Synchronize: People are expecting iPad 3 to offer wireless sync of content rather than the traditional wired connectivity.