How to Sync eBooks to iPad
While there are many ebook apps that allow you to buy ebooks to read on the iPad, there are also lots of free ebooks available on the web that you can read on the iPad, too. As long as you get ebooks in iPad-compatible formats, here’s how you do it:
Time Required: Depends on how many books you’re looking for
Here’s How to Sync eBooks to iPad:
- Locate the ebooks you want and download them. A great source for free classic literature in the ebook format is Project Gutenberg, which offers over 100,000 public domain ebooks.
- Once you’ve downloaded the book, find it on your hard drive.
- Drag the ebook file to the tray at the left hand of the iTunes window. Aiming for the “Books” icon will do you well, though the whole section will work, too. This will automatically add the ebook to your iTunes library. Click the Book menu to make sure this has happened.
- Sync your iPad. Depending on your sync settings, it the ebook may automatically be added to your iPad. If not, you may have to go to the “Books” tab in the iPad management screen and check the box next to the new book.
- Once the ebook is synced to your iPad, read it by going to the iBooks app and tapping on the icon for the new book on the bookshelf.