How to Transfer Your Old iPad Data to New iPad
OK, so you just replaced your antiquated iPad with a brand new iPad 3, and you want to transfer all your movie collections,apps,contacts,data from the old iPad to the new one, right? There are three different paths to take: transfer with iCloud, iTunes and 3rd-party iPad transfer software. We’ll walk you through below.
Transfer Old iPad Data to New iPad with iCloud
Using iCloud is by far the easiest method, but you’ll obviously need to have iCloud set up and configured for this to work. This is the post-PC method, you won’t need to use a computer at all.
From the Old iPad
1. Launch “Settings” and tap on iCloud, then tap on “Storage & Backup”
2. Tap on “Back Up Now” to initiate a manual iCloud back up
3. Let the backup finish and then leave the old iPad alone
Your work on the old iPad is finished, now pick up the brand new iPad and turn it on.
From the New iPad
1. At the “Set Up iPad” screen, choose “Restore from iCloud Backup” and tap “Next”
2. Login to your iCloud account and choose the most recent backup from the old iPad you just made
3. Tap on “Restore” to transfer the data from the old iPad backup to the new iPad
Transfer Old iPad Data to New iPad with iTunes
A benefit of tethering your iPad to a computer is that you will not have to re-download all of your apps when your settings and configurations are re-established.
Step 1: Connect your old iPad to your Mac via USB and launch iTunes.
Step 2: Select the iPad and choose Backup from the menu.
Step 3: After Syncing is done, unplug the iPad 1 and plug in the iPad 2.
Step 4: iTunes will prompt you to either set up as a new iPad or restore from a backup.
Step 5: Choose Restore from a backup and select the backup you just created and click continue.
Step 6: Once the restore process completes, you iPad 2 will reboot.
Step 7: iTunes should re-detect and begin to transfer settings and data.
Step 8: Once it completes, you’re done. Your new iPad should have all your settings and data from the old iPad.
Transfer Old iPad Data to New iPad with Xilisoft iPad Magic
You can also migrate an old iPad to a new iPad with the help of 3rd party iPad transfer like Xilisoft iPad Magic. This is the old fashioned way since it requires hooking up the iPads to a computer, but it works just fine if you don’t have iCloud or you aren’t on a fast internet connection.
Step 1: free download the trial version of the iPad Magic and install it on your computer.
Step 2: Connect your old iPad to the computer via Dock Connector to USB Cable.
Step 3: click the “Backup All Files” button at the bottom of the interface.
Step 4: Connect the new iPad to computer.
Step 5: Click “Restore all Files to Device” button at the bottom of the interface.
The three options available should suit most needs. If you are on the go and want to migrate all of your current apps and settings, then restore from iCloud. If you have a lot of large apps and a slow internet connection, consider restoring from an iTunes backup instead. But if you want to transfer any video(including DVD), then the Xilisoft iPad Magic is the recommended.
- How to Transfer Files from iPad Air to Computer
- How to Transfer iPhone Video Clips into iMovie on Your iPad if iCloud Doesn’t Do That
- Wondershare MobileGo for iOS Review
- ImTOO Updates iTransfer Platinum to Support iPad Air, iOS 7 and Mavericks
- How to Transfer Files between iOS Devices without AirDrop?