ImTOO iPad Video Converter for Mac Review
Overall Rating : 9.2
- Easy to Use : 8/10
- Quality of Conversion : 9/10
- Speed of Conversion : 9/10
- Formats Converted : 9/10
- Help/Support : 7/10
ImTOO iPad Video Converter for Mac is specifically designed for iPad users to watch just about any file format on the iPad. Not only can this iPad video converter convert general video (AVI, MPEG, WMV, DivX, MP4, MOV, RM, RMVB, ASF, 3GP) and audio formats (WMA, RA, AC3, OGG, APE, MP2, CDA) to iPad video (H.264 & MPEG4 & MOV) and audio formats (MP3 & WAV & AAC & AIFF) respectively, it can also convert high-definition (HD) videos including AVCHD (*.mts, *.m2ts), H.264/MPEG-4 AVC to iPad 720p H.264 HD video so you can enjoy HD movies on your high-resolution iPad wherever you go.
If you’re using Windows PC, you can get iPad Video Converter for Windows review here.
Our Review of ImTOO iPad Video Converter for Mac
Comprehensive is a good way to describe the ImTOO iPad Video Converter for Mac. It’s got more format settings for your video conversion than you’ll ever need for the iPad or iPad 2 or new iPad 3rd generation.
Through all the conversions we did, we were always pleased with the final output – great color, full sound, and flawless digital conversion.
The robust interface is self-explanatory and easy to navigate. Through all the conversions we did, we were always pleased with the final output – great color, full sound, and flawless digital conversion.
The ImTOO iPad Video Converter for Mac works flawlessly as both a video and audio converter. You can transfer almost any video files to iPad, which can not only convert general video formats to iPad video and audio formats respectively, but also decode high-definition (HD) videos including AVCHD (*.mts, *.m2ts), H.264/MPEG-4 AVC and convert them to iPad 720p H.264 HD videos for you to watch HD movies. You can also use this application to extract audio from your videos by converting the video file to an audio format. There is the added bonus of being able to convert most image files (excluding TIFF files) as well, and images can likewise be extracted from videos using the snapshot button below the media preview box.
ImTOO iPad Video Converter can batch convert SD and HD files, split output files, adjust aspect ratios, convert audio and extract audio from your videos. For advanced users, this software can select video and audio codices, video and audio bitrates, resolution, sample rate and frame rate, and even compute the video bit rate of the file size you want with the bitrate calculator tool. However, we would have liked the software to include the ability to merge several videos into one file.
All-in-all, if you use the ImTOO iPad Video Converter for Mac, converting and transfering your videos to iPad is so easy.
Pro’s and Con’s of ImTOO iPad Video Converter for Mac
- Converts standard-definition (SD) videos to iPad
- Converts high-definition (HD) videos to iPad
- Converts audio and extracts audio from video to iPad
- Supports multithreading and batch conversion
- Directly transfers converted files to iPad immediately after conversion
- Computes the video bit rate of the file size you want with the bitrate calculator tool
- Very fast conversion
- No merge function
Key Features of ImTOO iPad Video Converter for Mac
- Convert High-definition (HD) video format files to iPad 720p H.264 HD videos or H.264, MPEG4, MOV formats.
- Convert general video formats including AVI, MPEG, WMV, DivX, MP4, MOV, RM, RMVB, ASF and 3GP to iPad H.264 & MPEG4 & MOV video formats.
- Extract audio from video files and convert them to iPad audio formats.
- Convert audio formats including WMA, RA, AC3, OGG, APE, MP2 and CDA to iPad music files.
- Convert multiple files at super fast conversion speed simultaneously with batch processing and multithreading.
- Transfer converted files directly to iPad after conversion.
- Split a large file into several by customized split time or size.
- Lots of general and advanced parameters can be adjusted freely: bitrate, codec, frame rate, sample rate, channel, etc
- Customize output file size exactly with Bitrate Calculator.
- Output multiple files from the same one at one time.
- Available with a resizable player to preview videos and capture video images anytime.
- User interface available in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese and Chinese.
Format Compatibility for ImTOO iPad Video Converter for Mac
- Video Input Formats:
AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, FLV, MKV, H.264/MPEG-4, DivX, XviD, MOV, RM, RMVB, M4V, VOB, ASF, 3GP, 3G2, SWF, H.261, H.264, DV, DIF, MJPG, MJPEG, DVR-MS, NUT, QT, YUV, DAT, MPV, NSV
AVCHD Video (*.mts, *.m2ts), H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (*.mp4), MPEG2 HD Video (*.mpg; *.mpeg), MPEG-4 TS HD Video (*.ts), MPEG-2 TS HD Video (*.ts), Quick Time HD Video (*.mov), WMV HD Video (*.xwmv), Audio-Video Interleaved HD Video (*.avi)
- Audio Input Formats:
MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, CDA, OGG, FLAC, APE, CUE, M4A, RA, RAM, AC3, MP2, AIFF, AU, MPA, SUN AU Format
- Video Output Formats:
H.264 HD, H.264, MPEG-4, MOV
- Audio Output Formats:
MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
- Output Devices:
Tech Requirements for ImTOO iPad Video Converter for Mac
- Mac OS X v10.5 – 10.8, Mountain Lion support
- Intel® processor
- 512MB RAM
- 100MB free hard disk space for installation
- Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher