iSkysoft Video Converter for Mac Review
Overall Rating : 9.5
- Easy to Use : 8/10
- Quality of Conversion : 9/10
- Speed of Conversion : 10/10
- Formats Converted : 9/10
- Help/Support : 7/10
The iSkysoft Video Converter for Mac is the most complete solution to convert all popular video format files to play on almost any portable device – not just the iPad – which makes this a great choice if you plan to convert videos for multiple devices like iPod, iPad, iPad 2 , new iPad 3rd generation, iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Kindle Fire, TouchPad, BlackBerry, Xbox, etc.
If you’re using Windows PC, you can get iPad Video Converter for Windows review here.
Our Review of iSkysoft Video Converter for Mac
When you own some favorite video clips, it is very joyful to recreate videos and share with others with a brand-new content or mode. With iSkysoft Video Converter for Mac, you can not only enjoy your videos better on your Mac, but also you can enjoy them pleasantly on your iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Zune, PSP, Xbox 360, mobile phones etc. Just regardless of video formats to import,it will convert them to your device compatible ones, like MOV, MP4, FLV, WMV, M4V, MP3, AAC etc.
One program for all your Mac video conversion, no matter the device.
The iSkysoft Video Converter for Mac has a fluent, intuitive and good-looking and user-friendly interface. With the ability to automatically detect your Mac’s multi-core processor to take advantage of your Mac’s spare power, the program ties at the top of the speed category. It does have a handy batch-conversion feature that allows you to convert multiple videos to various output formats. This is especially convenient if you have more than one device on which you want to access your videos.When I have a test the conversions of about 10 video files are finished in my tea time in about several minutes.
The program has a massive list of compatible video formats and mobile devices. This is one of those tools you’ll use for a long time – converting HD/SD format video for your iPad, Blackberry, for your Mom’s Nokia, your girlfriend’s iPhone and your buddy’s PSP. One program for all your video conversion, no matter what the device is.
In addition, you can do a lot of editing in addition to converting video files. Besides splitting and merging files, other great editing features include the ability to crop the video’s image to remove unwanted objects from the picture and option for adjusting the video’s brightness, saturation, contrast and audio volume. Slightly less common are the video rotation and flip features. The rotation tool is great if you accidentally held your phone or camera the wrong way when you created the video, and the flip tools is perfect if you used the camera on your MacBook, which records a mirror image. You can also add a text or image watermark and add special effects filters to your video, like emboss, gray, old film and more.
The most convenient of these editing features is the preview function. Like many other Mac iPad video converters, you can view the unedited and the edited videos side-by-side to compare the two. But unlike other applications we reviewed, this iSkysoft Converter for Mac lists the loaded video clips in the above, so you don’t have to quit this window and reselect the video each time.
The only shortcoming is in video size if you improve the output video and audio quality by setting a higher bitrate and resolution, the output file will be bigger, but that’s not why you own this baby. You own this piece of software because the iSkysoft Video Converter converts any video formats out there – no questions asked. It is full-featured and seamlessly supports all current mobile formats quickly and easily without any quality shortcomings. Moving around the software is like a stroll in the park on a sunny day. It is a good tool to save your hard disk room. So just fully utilize the multimedia capability of your Mac, iPad, iPhone and your mobiles without regard to the video file formats with iSkysoft Video Converter for Mac.
Pro’s and Con’s of iSkysoft Video Converter for Mac
- Converts between popular standard-definition (SD) videos
- Converts between popular high-definition (HD) videos
- Converts between popular audiofiles and extracts audio from videos
- Converts videos for use with any software or hardware media players
- Supports multithreading and batch conversion
- Great video editing tools
- Super Fast Conversion Speed
- The higher the bitrate and resolution, the bigger the output file
Key Features of iSkysoft Video Converter for Mac
- Convert between a variety of video formats including WMV, MP4, FLV(Flash for posting online), AVI, MOV, MPG, MKV, MOD, DV and convert camcorder formats like AVCHD (MTS/M2TS), AVCHD Lite, MOD/TOD, etc.
- Optimized preset formats let you easily convert videos to to fit your iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, Xbox 360, PSP, PS3,and more. Converted video automatically appears in iTunes, ready to sync.
- Optimized presets for iMovie, iDVD and Final Cut Pro let you convert videos to fit your favorite programs with a few simple clicks.
- Extract audio from video to MP3 for portable devices like iPad, iPhone, iPod, or for audio editing tools like GarageBand.
- You can trim a file into multiple segments so that you can take whatever you want for conversion.
- Quickly rotate an image by clicking the 90° Clockwise, 90° Counterclockwise, Horizontal flip or Vertical flip buttons.
- Capture current frame from videos, movies, or TV Shows to save your favorite scene in JPG image format on Mac.
- Import subtitle in srt, ass, ssa into your videos or select from the originals.
- Crop the image to remove unwanted backdrops, black borders or emphasize a particular focal point.
- Merge several video or movie files into one so that you can enjoy a long movie without interruption.
- Preview the edited video and compare it with the original side by side in real-time.
- Output multiple files from the same one at one time.
- Effortlessly and easily convert video to virtually any format.
Format Compatibility for iSkysoft Video Converter for Mac
- Video Input Formats:
MP4, AVI(XviD), ASF, WMV, MPG, MPEG1, MPEG2, FLV, 3GP, 3G2, MOV(QuickTime), MKV, TS, M4V(without DRM), RMVB, DivX, VOB, RM, RMVB, TP, TRP, WebM etc.
HD MKV (H.264, MPEG-2), HD WMV (VC-1), MTS (AVCHD, H.264), M2TS (AVCHD, H.264), MOD (MPEG-2), HD TOD (MPEG-2), HD MOV (MPEG-4, H.264), HD FLV, HD TS, HD MPG, HD TRP,etc.
- Video Output Formats:
MOV, M4V,MP4, WMV, ASF, MKV, AVI, FLV, F4V, TS, TRP, MPEG, VOB, 3GP, 3G2, SWF, Div
HD MOV, HD M4V, HD MPEG, HD MP4, HD TS, HD TRP, HD DivX
- Audio Input Formats:
MP3, MKA, MP2, WAV, WMA, M4A, AC3, NSV, AMR, AIFF, AAC, FLAC, OGG, APE
- Audio Output Formats:
MP3, M4A, WAV, M4R, AC3, AAC, OGG, APE, MKA, AU, FLAC, CAF, SD2, AIFF, WMA
- Output Devices:
iPad, iPad mini, iPod, iPod nano, iPod classic, iPod shuffle, iPod touch , iPhone, Apple TV,PSP, PS3 , General 3GP mobile phone, BlackBerry , General MP4 players: PSP, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, Walkman, Creative Zen, Archos, DV, Sandisk, DELL Axim,Android, BlackBerry, Nokia, Palm Pre, HP iPAQ, HTC
Tech Requirements for iSkysoft Video Converter for Mac
- Mac OS X v10.5 – 10.8, Mountain Lion support
- Intel® processor
- 512MB RAM
- 60MB free hard disk space for installation
- Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher