Leawo Blu-ray Ripper Review
Overall Rating : 9.3
- Easy to Use : 9/10
- Quality of Conversion : 9/10
- Speed of Conversion : 8/10
- Formats Converted : 9/10
- Help/Support : 9/10
The Leawo Blu-ray Ripper is an all-in-one Blu-ray and DVD ripper for almost any portable devices – not just the iPad – which makes this a great choice if you plan to rip Blu-rays for multiple devices like iPhone, iPod, iPad, PSP, PS3, Apple TV, Zune, Xbox 360, Blackberry, Android phones, etc. Absolutely the powerful ripper to use, it’s also able to convert Blu-ray movies to HD and SD video, as well as 3D video format, you can watch 2D Blu-ray/DVD in 3D effect on various 3D players.
If you’re using Mac OS, you can get Blu-ray to iPad Converter for Mac review here.
Our Review of Leawo Blu-ray Ripper
With a rich feature set and polished, intuitive user interface, Leawo Blu-ray Ripper is a powerful all-in-one tool used to rip any Blu-ray discs to any video format and any portable device out there.
Rip any Blu-ray to any video format and any portable device out there – not just the iPad.
The first thing you see when you run Leawo Blu-ray Ripper is it’s clean and tasteful icon’d interface – the main user interface details how to convert your Blu-ray disc into iPad and other video formats in four basic steps using the built-in profile with fixed settings.
The program has a massive list of compatible video formats and mobile devices. This is one of those tools you’ll use for a very long time – converting Blu-ray movies for your iPad, for your Mom’s iPhone, and your buddy’s PSP. It also supports the output of any HD and common video formats like M2TS, AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, MPEG, MOV, MKV, HD MP4, HD AVI, HD MOV, HD VOB, HD MPG, HD WMV, HD ASF, etc. That’s not even counting the 3D formats, it convert 2D Blu-ray/DVD to 3D videos include 3D MP4, 3D WMV, 3D AVI, 3D MKV, 3D YouTube video, etc. The 3D output feature works well. This feature will be a lot of fun to use. Imagine being able to change your favorite action Blu-ray film into a 3D adventure. Sharing your 3D version of Blu-ray movies on YouTube could also be a lot of fun.
The most important to note is the program’s powerful, built-in decryption, which removes common Blu-ray copy protections and region codes that can block copying of the disc, including the latest MKB protection and with AACS and BD+ protection (AACS is the standard that has officially been adopted as the access restriction scheme for Blu-ray discs). The restrictions are automatically removed as soon as the software uploads the files from the BD in your drive.
Like most Blu-ray to iPad converter software applications, the Leawo program also has a splitter function that allows you to trim and merge different sections (e.g. chapters) of the Blu-ray disc. We were particularly impressed with the software’s ample multi-language support and large window that offers real-time preview of the converted files. A few of the more exclusive features we found on the software (and not on many other competing programs) include batch conversion and conversion pause, which delays conversion without disrupting or stopping the entire process. The program also offers automatic updates and you can specify how often the program checks for new updates.
One area the software failed to impress was its slower conversion speed. The conversion took nearly as long as the actual length of the clip we were converting. But despite its lack of high-speed conversion, Leawo Blu-ray Ripper is the best all-in-one source for Blu-ray ripping into various formats. You own this piece of software because the Leawo Blu-ray Ripper rips every Blu-ray out there – no questions asked.
Pro’s and Con’s of Leawo Blu-ray Ripper
- A simple interface
- Rip and convert Blu-ray / DVD movie to popular video formats
- Decrypt Blu-ray DVD with the latest MKB
- Fast conversions
- Convert 2D video to 3D video
- Convert Blu ray movies for various portable player
- Free upgrade through all your life
- Moderate conversion speed
Key Features of Leawo Blu-ray Ripper
- Rips Blu-ray / DVD movie to popular HD and SD formats.
- Rips Blu-ray movies to the video formats compatible with iPad and other portable devices.
- Supports Blu-ray DVD MKB version up to V30, rips any Blu-ray DVD movies on market so far.
- Converts 2D Blu-ray/DVD to 3D video to let you freely watch 2D Blu-ray/DVD in 3D effect on varoius 3D players.
- Trims, crops, merges, watermarks video clips and adjusts video effects as you want.
- Previews and snapshot before conversion.
- Customizes video settings such as bit rate, resolution, frame rate, sample rate, to correspond with your iPad and other device.
- Ensures the synchronization of video and audio upon Blu-ray movie conversion output.
- Makes Blu-ray movie fit for 4:3 or 16:9 displays.
- Outputs Blu-ray titles and chapters either in separate files or a chunk file.
Format Compatibility for Leawo Blu-ray Ripper
- Input Formats: Blu-ray Disc, Blu-ray Folder,DVD Disc, DVD Folder
- Video Output Formats:
3D MP4, 3D WMV, 3D AVI, 3D MKV, 3D YouTube video, etc.
HD MP4, HD AVI, HD MOV, HD TS, HD TRP, HD VOB, HD MPG, HD WMV, HD ASF.
MP4-AVC, MP4-XviD, MP4-H.264, AVI, ASF, WEBM, MOV, RMVB, FLV, F4V, TS, DAT, WMV, MKV, XviD, DV, MPEG-1 NTSC, MPEG-1 PAL/SECAM, MPEG-2 NTSC, MPEG-2 PAL/SECAM, DVD-Video NTSC, DVD-Video PAL/SECAM, 3GP, 3G2, DPG
- Audio Output Formats:
FLAC, AAC, AC3, AIFF, AMR, M4A, MP2, MP3, OGG, RA, AU, WAV, WMA, MKA
- Output Devices:
iPad, iPad 2,new iPad, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod Touch, iPod Touch 4, iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano, iPod Classic, Apple TV, Apple TV 2, Apple TV 3
Galaxy S II,EVO 4G,Droid Series,Samsung Galaxy Tab, Blackberry PlayBook, HP TouchPad, HTC Flyer, Dell Streak
PSP, PS3, PS3 HD, PS Vita, Xbox 360, Xbox 360 HD, Wii, NDS
Tech Requirements for Leawo Blu-ray Ripper
- Microsoft® Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- 1 GHz or above Intel/AMD Processor
- 512MB RAM (1024MB or above recommended)
- Blu-ray drive, Internet Connection