Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac Review
Overall Rating : 9.4
- Easy to Use : 9/10
- Quality of Conversion : 9/10
- Speed of Conversion : 9/10
- Formats Converted : 9/10
- Help/Support : 9/10
The Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac is the most complete solution to rip both Blu-ray and DVD movies to play on almost any portable device – not just the iPad or iPad 2 or the new iPad 3rd generation – which makes this a great choice if you plan to rip Blu-ray DVDs for multiple devices like iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, iPod, PSP, PS3, Archos, iRiver, Creative Zen, Zune, Xbox, 3GP phone,etc. The Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac can also rip Blu-ray movie to MOV, MP4, M4V, for edit in iMovie, Final Cut Express/Pro.
If you’re using Windows PC, you can get Blu-ray to iPad Converter for Windows review here.
Our Review of Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac
Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper is the best one among all the Blu-ray rippers we have tested on Mac. It is an independent DVD and Blu-Ray ripper with Mountain Lion support, which is capable of decrypting unprotected and protected standard DVDs and Blu-ray disks without the support of third party software. With the right software and understanding of the issues, you can free video from a Blu-ray movie disc to be used any way you choose.
One program for all your Blu-ray movie rips, no matter the device.
With full Blu-ray disc support, it is capable of removing copyright protections of almost all BD discs, no matter BD+, or AACS, even MKB Version>12 is supported as well. With advanced audio technology, it is capable of reading all audio tracks of a BD disc, including Dolby TureHD Audio and DTS-HD Master Audio.
Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper for Mac can rip and convert your Blu-ray movies and general DVDs into other popular HD or SD media formats, like AVI, ASF, MPEG, MP4, WMV, MKV, MOV, FLV, SWF, RM, 3GP, AAC, AC3, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA, M4A, etc., so that you can playback them on your beloved media devices such as iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Zune, Blackberry, PSP, PS3, Creative Zen, Nexus One, PS3, WD TV, Xbox, etc., or import them to Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere to make your own movies, or do something else as you like. Moreover, it has a unique option called “Copy”, through which you can directly backup your DVD .vob files and Blu-ray .m2ts files to the hard drive of your PC or an external hard drive, and still keep the format of .vob and .m2ts without any quality loss.
And while this Blu-ray to iPad ripper for Mac allows user to adjusting video and audio parameters like bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, aspect ratio, audio channels, etc., here’s no option to change common video effects such as brightness and contrast.
Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac proves to be a great solution for Blu-ray ripping to mobile video playing devices providing you an easy-to-work-with interface, great quality of the output result (despite the interlacing of the built-in video renderer), access to all the components of the Blu-ray movie (subtitles, audio tracks, angles, titles, chapters) and a brief set of video-editing tools.
Pro’s and Con’s of Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac
- An easy to use interface
- Rip Blu-ray DVD for iPad and iPad 2 and new iPad 3rd generation
- One-step backup for blu-ray and DVD movie
- Fast conversions
- Output to almost all popular mobile devices
- Video quality in the output file is just great>
- Free upgrade through all your life
- Limited video enhancements
Key Features of Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac
- Remove the protections (AACS, BD+) of Blu-ray and DVD movie for free enjoyment.
- Convert DVD, Blu-ray movie to MOV, MP4, M4V, for edit in iMovie, Final Cut Express/Pro.
- Rip DVD and Blu-ray movie to iTunes Library and Quick Time Player for playback.
- Excellent output video/audio sync quality and fast converting speed.
- Features powerful editing options like trim, crop, merge, deinterlace etc.
- Support Dolby TrueHD/ DTS-MA encoded audio, this enables you to select any of the tracks in the source Blu-ray disc, no matter your mother tongue or other foreign languages.
- Supports batch conversion
- Convert blu-ray movie to 1080p, 720p, 480p videos
- Supports add different subtitles to converted files and supports Dolby True HD/ DTS-HD encoded audio, which enables you to select any of the tracks in the source of Blu-ray disc.
- Rip DVD and Blu-Ray movies into multiple chapters
- Preview and snapshot before conversion
- Customize video settings such as bit rate, resolution, frame rate, sample rate, to correspond with your iPad.
- Fast ripping speed
Format Compatibility for Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac
- Input Formats: DVDs, Blu-Ray discs,Blu-ray folder, DVD folder, DVD image file
- Video Output Formats: *.avi, *.wmv, *.asf, *.mpg, *.mp4, *.3gp, *.3g2, *.mov, *.mkv, *.m4v, *.vob, *.dv,*.flv, *.swf and more.
- Audio Output Formats: MP3, WAV, M4A and more
- Output Devices: iPad, iPad 2, new iPad 3rd generation, iPad 4 gen, iPad mini, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Apple TV, iPod Touch, iPod Classic, PSP; HD video formats for Xbox360, PS3, Wii; Creative Zune, Archos, Pocket PC, Nokia, Gphone, Blackberry and Androids like Motorola Droid, HTC Hero, HTC Magic, HTC Evo, Google Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S, etc
Tech Requirements for Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper for Mac
- Mac OS X (including Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion) on iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro, etc.
- 1G Hz or above Intel processor.
- 512 MB physical RAM (memory) or more.
- 1024*768 or higher resolution display.