WMV to iPad: How to Convert a WMV Video File to Play on Your iPad
A WMV file (.wmv) is a “Windows Media Video” file, a Microsoft format, and is widely used in saving media data online and offline. WMV video is playable on many devices like PSP/PS3, Zune, Xbox and more, but not all. For example, you can’t transfer WMV files to iOS devices like iPad to play on the go. Well, it doesn’t mean you can’t play WMV on your iPad. This tutorial shows you how to convert a WMV file to iPad compatible video format.
Here’s What You Need
- Your WMV file
- Your iPad (iPad Wifi or iPad 3G)
- Your iTunes software
- A top-rated iPad video conversion program
4 Simple Steps to Convert Your WMV Video File to Play On Your iPad
For this “how to” we used the Aiseesoft iPad Video Converter, the best choice for you to convert any .wmv video file into an iPad-friendly .mp4 video file in 4 simple steps. Our absolute favorite iPad video converter due to its speed, the simplicity of the interface, the quality of the output file, and its ability to convert any format to iPad. That said, there are many iPad video converter options available – here’s a list of our highest recommended iPad DVD & Video Converters – so whichever one you choose, you should be able to achieve similar results following these steps.
Step 1: Install the WMV to iPad Video Conversion Program
- Download the Aiseesoft WMV to iPad Video Converter
- Install it to your system
- Mac Users : check out our list of Mac-friendly iPad Converters
Step 2 : Run the WMV to iPad Video Conversion Program
- Run the program via the desktop icon or the Windows “Start Menu”
- Add WMV File : You’ll find a simple-to-use interface where you can browse for your WMV video file by clicking “Add File” button. The Aiseesoft WMV to iPad Converter supports batch conversion, you can add multiple WMV files to the list.
- Output To : Choose your iPad output in the “Profile” pull-down menu. For example: if you have a wifi iPad, select the “iPad MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4)” setting. This will give you a great-looking video and take the least amount of conversion time.
- Output Settings : To see/adjust the actual video conversion settings, click on the “Setting” button to open a separate page with all your video settings options: video and audio codec, resolution, format selection and bitrate adjustment. Please note the higher the bitrate is, the clearer the video is, and the larger the output file is. When you’re done, click “OK” to continue.
- Edit WMV Video (Optional) : This WMV to iPad video converter also provides you with simple editing functions. It allows you to trim video, crop play area, adjust video effects like brightness, saturation, contrast. Click the “Effect” button and you can fine-tune the video through dragging the slide bar.
- Start Conversion : Hit “Convert” and go get a snack. The conversion time will depend on several variables including: the duration of the video file, the speed of your computer, the codec you selected and the bitrate you set.
Step 3 : Transfer the Converted Video to Your iPad using iTunes
- Attach your iPad to your computer
- Minimize the WMV to iPad converter and open your iTunes
- Choose where you want your new movie to go – on your iPad
- And iTunes will sync and put your new movie on your iPad
Step 4 : Play the Converted Video On Your iPad
- Show it to your friends and enjoy!
- “Rinse & Repeat” to convert and transfer more videos to your iPad