Wondershare Video Converter Pro Review
Overall Rating : 9.5
- Easy to Use : 9/10
- Quality of Conversion : 9/10
- Speed of Conversion : 9/10
- Formats Converted : 9/10
- Help/Support : 9/10
Wondershare Video Converter Pro is a powerful video converter to help you convert videos and extract audio. What’s more, you can easily download and convert wonderful web videos like YouTube etc to iPhone (iPhone 5 available), iPad, iPod and more for enjoyment on the go.
If you’re using Mac OS, you can get Video Converter for Mac review here.
Our Review of Wondershare Video Converter Pro
Yes, Wondershare Video Converter Pro converts video, and it does so quickly and capably to a multitude of formats, and has more output formats for your video conversion than you’ll ever need for the iPad alone.But it also downloads online video, and even edits and processes video with special effects. It’s more a video toolbox than a simple iPad video converter.
One program for all your video conversion and download, no matter what the device is.
The Wondershare Video Converter includes the most comprehensive list of file outputs we reviewed. Not only does it support almost all file types including MP4, RM (RealPlayer) and FLV (Flash), and 2D to 3D video conversion, it provides handy conversion templates for a host of specific handheld devices, such as iPhones, iPads, Android phones, and even my HTC HD7, which runs Windows Phone 7 – a mobile operating system that other packages often ignore. You don’t have to know which video formats your player supports, you just have to select your media player, the program does the rest.
Now the latest version of Wondershare Video Converter Pro employs a brand new Wondershare-developed APEXTRANS transcoder engine which can achieve up to 30X performance over video conversion features we found in solutions offered by Corel & CyberLink, while preserving Video Converter Pro’s legendary lossless video quality. It also features 1-click downloading of video from popular sharing sites and conversion of those videos for off-line playback on mobile devices.
The program also gives you, the user, ultimate control over your video files. Editing is surprisingly simple. It offers a basic trim editor, but it also provides a post-processor that allows you to add effects such as grayscale, negative, or an old-film look. If you wish, you can perform freehand crops, rotate, watermark the video, and add subtitling. Everything I edited and converted in Video Converter Pro worked perfectly: I encountered no missing key frames, redraw issues, or crashes. The program uses AMD, Nvidia, or Intel GPU acceleration if it’s present.
The only shortcoming of this product is its inability to convert files ripped from home movie DVDs and minidiscs. It’s a fast and comprehensive video conversion program that allows users to convert a wide variety of formats to almost any output format. We found the program easy to use, and it performs its core tasks very well.
Pro’s and Con’s of Wondershare Video Converter Pro
- Very clean interface
- Converts between standard-definition (SD) videos
- Converts between high-definition (HD) videos
- Converts 2D to 3D video
- Supports almost every known mobile/gadget/device
- You can edit video and download online videos
- 30X faster conversion speed
- You can’t convert files from home movie DVDs or minidiscs.
Key Features of Wondershare Video Converter Pro
- Very easy to use.
- Supports more than 100 media files formats including popular standard formats(avi, WMV, MOV, RM, RMVB, DAT, FLV etc.), HD formats such as AVCHD video (M2TS, MTS, M2T) etc and audio format.
- Convert 2D video to 3D video formats.
- Convert videos compatible with Apple devices, Windows Phone 7, Android phones, video game console and more.
- Extract audio from videos as M4A, WMA, WAV, MP3, AAC, etc.
- Download videos from sites like YouTube and enjoy video downloads on iPad, iPhone (iPhone 5 included), iPod and more portable devices.
- Support NVIDIA® CUDATM and APEXTRANS™ technology to bring 30X faster video conversion speed.
- Support batch conversion to convert more than one file at a time
- Create personalized videos with classic editing functions, such as split, merge, crop, clip, add special effects, watermark and add subtitles.
- Easily import and edit subtitle files in .srt, .sst and .ssa formats so your changes will easily convert any video format.
- Real-time preview ensures optimal video quality.
- Join several video files or different segments into a complete one.
- Take a video screenshots while playing.
- Video Converter Pro is now fully compatible with Windows 8.
Format Compatibility for Wondershare Video Converter Pro
- Input Formats:
Video formats: AVI, MP4, DAT, MPG, NUT, MPEG, NSV, VOB, MOV, FLV, MKV, DV, WMV, ASF, 3GP, 3G2, MTS/M2TS/TS/TP/TRP (AVCHD H.264, VC-1, MPEG-2 HD), RM, RMVB
Audio formats: WAV, APE, FLAC, M4A, WMA, AAC, AC3, MKA, OGG, AIFF, RA, RAM, MP3, MP2, MPA
- Output Formats:
Video formats: WMV, VOB, MPG, MOV, MP4, AVI, ASF, DV, 3GPP, 3GP, 3G2, FLV, MKV, M4V, SWF,DivX, WebM, Divx HD
Audio formats: FLAC, AIFF, AU, MKA, APE, OGG, WAV, WMA, AAC, AC3, M4A, MP3
- Output Devices:iPad, iPad 2, new 3rd generation iPad, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPod touch 1-3, iPod nano, iPod classic, iPhone 1-3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5,Apple TV, Apple TV 2, The New Apple TV, iPod Touch 4
Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone 7, Nokia, HTC, Motorola, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, LG, etc.
Zune, Archos, Creative Zen, iRiver, Walkman, TouchPad, etc.
Tech Requirements for Wondershare Video Converter Pro
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7, and windows 8
- Processor: >750MHz Intel or AMD CPU
- Free Hard Disk Space: 100 MB or more
- RAM: 256 MB or above