Apple has yet again gone and made a new device that can revolutionize the world on how we track our devices and other belongings. AirTags is not a new concept, and trackers like Tile and Chipolo have already been in the tracking game for years. But, AirTags has a great thing going for them – the overall optimization and support it has is immense and has become the best tracker in the world.
However, is your AirTag compatible with your iPad? Does it work similarly to how it does with iPhones? Well, be answering all those questions and looking at how you can get your AirTag added with your iPad and how it can make your life a lot easier. So, without wasting any more time, let’s straight away get to it.
What are Apple AirTags?
AirTags are a small, lightweight, puck-shaped tracker module that can help you locate all your missing items with the “Find My” app on your iPad or your iPhone. Apple prices one for $29 or $99 for a four-pack. It can also be engraved with letters or an image of your choosing for free, and accessories such as keychains, luggage tags, and loops are sold separately. You can buy the AirTags here.
These new AirTags use ultra-wideband technology to communicate with your device and take advantage of the existing network of Apple devices worldwide. This helps them stay connected wherever they go and works as crowdsourced beacons to ping the other AirTags and devices to determine your missing item’s location. All and all, you can use your AirTag to locate any item you’ve attached it to through your “Find My” app and make your life a whole lot easier.
What can an Apple iPad Find?
Now, this is an interesting question. You can attach your AirTag to any and all items, including bags, wallets, pieces of luggage, laptops, cars, pets, and even grocery bags. They will be connected all the time as they ping information through the various number of Apple devices present all over the globe. Hence, this means you can track any item by using your iPad to find and locate anything attached to an AirTag.
All you need to do is connect your iPad with an AirTag, and bam, you’re ready and set for all your items to be fully secured and safe with the help of the new AirTags. Here is a standard list of things that you should attach an AirTag to so that you never lose it and use your iPad to find it if you ever do lose it:
- Wallet / Purse
- Pet Collar
- Camera Bag / Backpack / Suitcase / Laptop Case
TLDR; AirTags are awesome, and you should go buy them and attach them to all your valuables.
How to add and track AirTags in Find My on iPad?
You can add, track and activate a new AirTag by following the steps below:
Adding your AirTag:
- Get the new AirTag out of the box.
- Please remove the battery tab from the AirTag, then hold it near your iPad. This should make a sound, meaning that your AirTag is on.
- Tap “Connect” on your iPad screen.
- Choose a name for the AirTag from the list. You can also choose “Custom Name” to name it a personalized name or select an emoji.
- Finally, tap on “Continue” to register the item/AirTag to your Apple ID and click on “Done” to complete the entire process.
Note: You can also register an AirTag from the Find My app on your iPad. To do this, follow the process – Tap on “Items”, scroll to the bottom of the “Items” list and tap on “Add New Item”, and finally select “Add AirTag” to register your new AirTag.
Tracking your AirTag:
After you finish adding your AirTag, a page will pop up on your screen with the text “View in Find My app”. Click on that and track your AirTag on it. However, if you missed it or want to know how you can track your AirTag later, then follow the steps below:
- Open the “Find My” app on your iPad
- Click on the Items list
- You will see your AirTag here and click on it.
- Doing this will show you the exact location the AirTags in, and you can track all your devices and AirTags from there.
Note: If you ever can’t find your AirTag, you can even use this process to locate it quickly.
What to do if you can’t find your AirTag?
If you can’t find your AirTag, you can use the tracking method above or follow the steps below if you can’t seem to find it anywhere nearby:
- Open the “Find My” app on your iPad.
- The “Find My” app has multiple options and can be used to play a sound from the AirTag, which is going to help you look for the AirTag if you’re close.
- You can also use the “Precision Finding” option on the newer Apple iPads, which will let you know how far you are from the AirTag and guide you to it via on-screen directions.
- You can also use the “Find My” app “Lost Mode” option to create a custom message to be displayed when another user finds your AirTag. If the AirTag is near their phone, your message and a contact option will appear on their device, and they can hopefully get in touch.
Note: This process will also work on any device that is NFC enabled, meaning that even Android owners can help return your lost AirTags.
AIrTags are convenient and help you locate any item you attach. They’re easy to identify, have incredible battery life and can be tracked with extreme precision to get you to the exact location they are in, making for one of the best possible trackers that we have ever seen.
So, get yourself one from the link here, attach it to all your essential items, and make your life a little more convenient.