Quick notes is a new addition to the iPad. It is a floating notepad to write down all notes and save links conveniently. Moreover, you can also add pictures and text from Safari in this editor. The app is quite remarkable; you can quickly access it with a finger flick from the bottom right corner.
Quick notes come pre-installed on new devices, and old users will get the app with the latest iPadOS 15 updates.
The new app has many glitches and errors, and sometimes the Quick Notes do not even work. IPad users face some common problems with the Quick Notes in iPadOS 15, and here they are:
- After the update, users are unable to open the floating window by swiping up from the bottom right corner.
- The gesture location is not correctly designated, like there is no fixed place to swipe up.
- Flicking up on the home screen will open the Quick Notes on the interface instead of a floating window.
- Quick Notes is not responsive to Apple Pencil. Dragging up or clicking does not open the quick notes.
These are the four common issues that users are facing. So here are some reliable solutions to fix Quick Notes not working in iPad OS 15 easily.
How to fix quick notes not working?
Close the Notes App
The first fix that you must try is closing the notes app opened in the background. Closing the running Notes app can solve the problem.
- Open the Quick notes app.
- Then open the app switcher and simply remove the notes app by swiping up.
The process does not ensure 100% success, but we have seen it working in some instances.
Restarting the device is not a solution to every issue, but it can be fruitful in this situation. To fix the Quick Notes not working problem, reboot your iPad.
- Hold the Power button until the Restart option comes on the screen.
- Click on the Restart option, and the device will restart.
These minor errors or glitches often get resolved after a reboot. So, use this few-second trick to solve your Quick Notes errors in an effortless way.
Force Restart iPad
If the iPad does not show the restart option or not restarting, you can force restart your device. It is not a tricky solution, and you will not have to toggle through various settings. The process is quite simple, but it is different for old and new devices because the new iPads don’t have the classic home button.
- On Old iPad models You will press and hold the Power and Home button together. Hold them for a few seconds and release them as soon as you see the Apple logo on the screen. The device will restart and will probably resolve the error.
- New iPad Models do not have the Home button. So, we have to use a different process to Force Restart the device. It is straightforward but slightly twisted. Firstly, press and rapidly release the Volume Up button. Repeat the process with the Volume Down button immediately. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
Check for Updates
Sometimes the device does not have the latest iPadOS or app version. So, you might need to install the latest OS and app version.
- For OS, head to the Settings and open the General tab.
- There, you will see the Software Update option; click on it.
- Clicking it will reveal the latest OS version; if you don’t have the latest one, update the device to its latest version to fix the problem.
There is a chance that the notes app is not up to date. To check,
- Visit the App Store, search Notes, and check for updates.
- If available, then install the update, and hopefully, it will resolve the issue.
Disable Quick Notes on iPad
After updating the app, OS, and using all the possible solutions, you need to disable the Quick Notes on your iPad if the issue is still there. Doing that is not complicated; follow these simple steps.
- Firstly, open the Settings app and scroll down to the Apple Pencil option.
- Open the Apple Pencil and click on the drop-down menu on the top right corner of the screen. Swiping up will show the Pencil Gesture option.
- In Pencil Gesture, you will see the Quick Notes option and disable it.
Bonus fix: quick iPad system repair
The last process is repairing the iPad system. In this, you will use third-party software to repair your iPad through your PC or Mac. There are several services out there; the best one being Tenorshare ReiBoot. It is an affordable easy to use application with two repair modes. Standard and Deep.
Before starting the repair, ensure that your iPad data is backed up because all data will be erased after the repair.
Below are the easy steps to repair your system with Tenorshare ReiBoot.
- Download and install the Tenorshare ReiBoot (official download link).
- Connect your iPad to the PC with the original iPad charging cable. Once the device is connected, click start to enter the software.
- Now click on the standard repair and make sure to give the lines a thorough read to remain safe from any misunderstanding. After reading click standard repair
- The device is connected, and you have selected the standard repair option. Now the Tenorshare ReiBoot will download the firmware. Click download and brew a cup of coffee because it’s a 5GB file.
- After firmware installation, Start Standard Repair. It will take some time so make sure that the mobile stay connected to the computer. After repair, the system will reboot, and all your data will be erased.
Deep repair has a higher success rate than the standard repair, so we recommend using it.
The process is pretty similar. Just click on the Deep repair option instead of standard repair and follow the same steps to repair the iPad system.
Why is Quick Notes not working on iPadOS 15?
There can be many reasons for Quick Notes not working on iPadOS 15, like operating system or app problems. Quick Notes is in its initial launch phase, so some glitches and errors stop the app from working. If you face similar issues, use the solutions mentioned above to fix the problem.
How to enable Quick Notes on iPad?
Swipe up from the bottom right corner of the screen using your finger or an Apple Pencil on the iPad. If you do not have it enabled, you will need to do that first. Add it to Control Center by heading to the Settings – Control Center, then choose Quick Note.
How to use Quick Notes with a Bluetooth keyboard?
If you’re using a Bluetooth keyboard or the Magic Keyboard for your iPad, then you can launch the Quick Note without touching the screen. Press the globe key + Q on your external keyboard, and the Quick Note will pop up in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Quick Notes not working is a common issue after the iPad OS 15 update. So, we have provided some tested methods that can resolve this problem. Moreover, Tenorshare ReiBoot is a reliable repair system and can fix almost every iPad OS 15 error and issue.