Even a global pandemic could not derain Apple’s paln to release the iPhone, as it has been doing for more than a decade every September. Apart from the showstopper iPhone 13, the Cupertino company also unveiled a series of iPads. One such show-stopper was the iPad mini 6, which provides improved performance, a larger screen-to-body ratio, and brand new colors too.
Apart from being the most powerful iPad mini ever, the inclusion of the new USB-C port speeds up connectivity, and 5G cellular models offer more flexible mobile workflows.The new advanced cameras and Center Stage support, and Apple Pencil (2nd Generation) allow users to take photos and videos, communicate with their loved ones, and write down their thoughts when inspiration strikes.
[ Related: Best Portable Chargers and Power Banks for iPad ]
USB-C is the future of the iPad
Apple has kept a tight grip on the OEM accessories market with the MFi certification it gives out to Lighting port compatible chargers. However, the unprecedented growth of the USB-C standard has forced the company to wave the white flags and accept defeat. Apple claims that giving away fewer accessories with every phone reduces materials and allows for smaller boxes to be shipped faster.
While iPhone users are left completely high and dry, iPad mini 6 users will find the USB-C charging adapter and cable in the box. However, if you end up fighting over the USB-C adapter that came in the box, now’s a good time to bag the perfect USB-C Hub, a USB-C adapter, or even an extra-long USB-C cable for your iPad mini 6 right now.
Best USB-C chargers for the iPad Mini 6
1. Anker Nano Charger – Super Compact Fast Charger
Anker Nano is a super small compact charger built to save space. You can easily carry this charger anywhere without worrying about its weight and size. It measures just 1 inch over on each side and has a maximum weight of AA batteries.
Anker Nano was designed to match the maximum input of the iPhone 13 Series. This means you can give your iPad mini 6 precisely the power it needs. No matter its size, it can charge your iPad mini-6, iPhone 13, 13 Pro Max to 50% under 25 minutes. It speaks of unrivaled power even faster than an original 5W charger.
One of its key features is the Anker’s latest technology uses a stacked design with custom magnetic components to reduce the size, boost efficiency, and improve heat dissipation. The charger has now been optimized to work flawlessly on many smartphones, tablets, and other devices. You can now charge all your mobile devices using one ultra-portable charger.
- Anker Nano is half the size of a standard iPhone 12 USBC charger and offers plenty of power while also saving space when you carry it around or plug it into a wall outlet.
- iPhone 6 mini, iPhone 6, and older models can be charged up to 3x faster with a 5W charger than the original.
- It supplies high-speed charging for most flagship phones, including the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S20 and Nintendo switch.
- When you buy an Anker Nano, you have to buy the cable separately.
- Nintendo Switch will charge, but it does not support Charge-and-Play in TV mode.
2. UGREEN 20W USB C Charger – Most Affordable 2-Pack
UGreen USB C Charger comes with high-tech chip technology that helps protects your devices against overheating, short-circuiting, and overcharging. The intelligent chip in the PD wall charger automatically matches the required current to your device. Your devices are protected from damage by over-current, short-circuit, and over-voltage protection.
Are you a frequent traveler that has to change scenery all the time? The charger is ideal for traveling anywhere on the globe. It is designed keeping in mind the various fluctuation changes in the voltage. The company made it compatible with all voltages
It is a fast charger that is compatible with an iPhone mini 6 via USB C-to Lightning Cable. For Android Android Phones via C-to C Cable. UGREEN USB C wall chargers can reach speeds up to 3X faster than original 5W chargers. It is compact and lightweight; it won’t block the other outlets on the wall outlet. You’ll always have fast charging access wherever you go.
- UGREEN 20W USB CPD power adapter charges iPhone 12 up to 58% within 30 minutes.
- The USB-C charger works with iPhone 12/12 Pro/12 Max/12 Mini/iPhone 8, and later.
- The charger ensures that your device is protected at all costs.
- It is super affordable compared to other USB C Chargers.
- Fast charging requires that your mobile phones and charging cables support fast charging protocol.
- It would help if you bought the cord separately to charge your phone
3. iSeekerKit USB C Fast Charger – Best Dual Port USB C Charger
If you have two phone devices and are constantly on the go, having two chargers for phones seems much work. And if the charger gets out of commission, it can cost you some extra worry. However, now you don’t need to fret so much; iseekerkit comes with a Dual-port feature that can power charge up to two phone devices with a total 20W charge simultaneously, with a maximum output of 5V/2A per port.
In 30 minutes, you can now charge your iPhone 8 series, iPhone mini 6, or any other new series, with Type C Port (5V/3A), 9V/2.22A, or 12V/1.66A). It is portable and is very compact, and supports 100-240V worldwide power. This makes it ideal for any trip.
The best feature of iSeekerKit charger is that it offers multiple protection functions to protect your device against over-charging, short-circuiting, and over-temperature.
- It is a portable wall charger that measures 2.4×1.6×1 inch in size and can be stored in your bag or pocket for travel at 100-240V worldwide voltage.
- Multiple protection functions are included to protect your device against over-charging, short-circuiting, and over-temperature.
- Total 20W Dual Ports — PDPower Delivery (USB–C) and Quick charging 3.0(USB–A) offer fast, efficient charging speeds for your devices.
- It does not support PD/Quick Charging 3.0 technology
4. LUOSIKE 20W USB C Fast Charger – Best USB-C Car Charger
If you are looking for chargers for your car, then LUOSIKE C fast charger is ideal with an entire metal body. Protection for your phone is a high priority for this charger. It provides various protection to your phones, such as overcharging, over-voltage, over-heat, and over-current protection.
Another key feature that it offers is an MFi has a certified Lightning cable. It is perfectly compatible with all lightning devices and provides full-speed charging and transmission function, essential when changing your device in a car.
It offers 3x fast charging so that you don’t waste your time and USB-C Port and USB-A Port switch so you can find the suitable cable to charge your IOS device.
- It offers 20W PD Power Delivery Car Charging Charger with USB C to Lightning Cable Fast Charging for iPhone 13 and iPhone 8 Later Models
- With the dual USB-C Port (PD Power Delivery), and the USB-A Port (3.0 Fast Charger), you have more options to choose the suitable cable.
- It has fast charging technology and can charge iPhone models from 0-50% in just 30 minutes
- Sometimes it does not fit in specific car models
Best USB-C hubs for the iPad Mini 6
This USB-C hub works with Macbook Pro, iPad Pro, iPad mini 6, and other USB-C devices, such as tablets, smartphones, and laptops. It’s lightweight, elegant, and portable. The connector is orange with a unique orange dot design, and its gray color is very similar to the MacBook’s. It is an indispensable tool for efficiency in work and daily life.
Three USB 3.0 ports are available to transfer files, photos, and movies at speeds of up to 5Gbps. They are also compatible with USB A 2.0 or below. It supports almost all Type C (USB-C) devices and Thunderbolt 3 without needing an additional driver.
All USB 3.0 ports can charge your devices with 5V/1.5A fast chargers.Each interface is equipped with a chip that allows for multiple interfaces to be used simultaneously. You can transfer data to an SD card and TF dual-card simultaneously. 60MB/S transfer speed will enable you to move photos from your camera to your laptop quickly.
The LED indicator visually displays the status of the USB C Hub. It has a built-in smart chip that avoids overcurrent, short circuit, and overheat. Additionally, the aluminum shell with a nice metal finish allows for better heat dissipation.
- It allows you to plug a single interface into a variety of devices to connect.
- The USB c adapter comes with a 100W type-c charging port. This will keep your laptops charged even while you use all other functions of this hub.
- HDMI port streams 4K video directly to your TV, monitors, or projector. You can get cinema-quality visual effects with just one hub.
- Sometimes the device gets hot, and the ports stop working
HyperDrive has the world’s first removable and replaceable grip, secures your iPad Pro’s hub, and allows screen protectors or protective cases compatibility. It has an aluminum enclosure that matches your Apple device perfectly. HyperDrive 6 in1 USB-C hub is compatible with MacBook, smartphones, iPhone 6 mini, and other USB-C devices.
With this USB C adapter, you can enjoy high resolution 4K 60Hz video on HDMI displays featuring a 2X refresh rate for smoother, faster video. The best feature of this USB is that you can Charge while working or playing with 60W USB C Power Delivery
It has a High-speed USB 3.0 Gen 1 with 5Gb/s transfer speeds and supports ports for – Fast data transfer from UHSI MicroSD or SD 104MB/s.
- The USB C adapter has direct access to your iPad’s data storage drives. You can view files on external devices with an iPad (with import/export of PDFs for photos/videos).
- You can charge your iPad and USB-C hub simultaneously! You can turn a single USB port into six ports for your iPad
- HyperDrive 6-in-1 USB-C hub can display any app supported on iPad at full screen. This applies to any HDMI adapter.
- More expensive than the other USB-C Hubs on the list.
- Sometimes the ports stop working, and you have to reboot the iPad to make it work.
To give your iPad an uninterrupted charge of up to 85W, connect an Anker USB C Hub Power Delivery charger with the USB-C port. This USB C Hub also allows you to transfer files and stream media.
Anker USB C hub has 2 USB-A data ports and 1 USB C Power Delivery charging port. 1 USB C data port, 1 HDMI Port, 1 USB C data port, 1 USB C data port, 1 USB C data slot, 1 HDMI slot, and 1 HDMI port all in one hub. Now you can charge or transfer files with just one USB device that supports high def and high-speed transfers.
It also comes with the SD and microSD cards slots for seamless access to media files; it supports all SD card formats. The USB weighs less than 5 oz and comes with an easy-to-carry travel pouch that protects it from scratches and easy portability.
- You can get more from your USB C port with SD card connectivity, 4k 30Hz HDMI, and USB-A/USB-C data ports. Also, Power Delivery allows for high-velocity pass-through charging.
- You get Power Expand+ 7 in-1 USB-C PD Media hub, travel pouch welcome guide, worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.
- This charger is compatible with USB-C Power Delivery, which provides high-speed pass-through charging for your laptop at up 85W.
- The cable is not included when you buy this USB C Hub
Best USB-C cables for the iPad Mini 6
The amazon basic USB C3 offers a 3 long foot USB-C3 and Gen2 cable to USB-C. Not only that, it is designed to give universal compatibility to its millions of customers with a USB C port. It offers fast charging of up to 60 W with a maximum output of 20V/3A and allows a data transfer speed of up to 10GPS. For rough use, it has a bendable design and can bend 96 degrees up to 2000 times.
It Connects USB Type-C enabled devices, including MacBook, Chromebook Pixel, Galaxy Note 7, etc. Standard USB Type-C devices are also compatible, such as smartphones, multi-port adapters, car/wall chargers, and other accessories. Just insert the Type C connector into any Type C enabled device.
- It has fast charged with a maximum output of 20V/3A
- It also allows data transfer with a 10GPS speed
- It is perfect for rough use
- No available in rugged build.
ANDNOVA USB Cables can transmit extensive data without interruption thanks to their strong anti-interference (EMI) capability. You can share flawless 4k video at lightning-fast speeds with no screen flickering, black screen, snowflake, or frame drops.
It has a Built-in 56 resistor that provides maximum safety and reliability for your USB C devices. It is flexible and durable with braided double nylon material is abrasion-proof, anti-torsion, and made of braided nylon.
The Andnova has used anti-breaking technology and reinforced its charger cable with the most robust, durable, flexible, and powerful material globally. This increases the bending tolerance of the charger 10X.
- It Supports power delivery of up to 100 Watts and fast charging at 20V/5A with computers and smartphones.
- The USB 3.1 Cable 20Gbps has high data volume and is ideal for viewing the high-definition video.
- Sharing content between multiple screens with Thunderbolt, Ultra HD, and 4K displays is simple without sacrificing quality.
- It also improves the stability of data transmission by preventing signal interference.
- The long cable can be a bit of a hassle to carry around.
It’s a Fast-Charging Data-Sync 2 in One cable that means it is a USB C Cable can transfer data at speeds up to 480Mbps between 2 devices. That means you can download 100 songs every 5 seconds.
Ainope has introduced a key feature, a double-layer nylon braid design that means the charging cable is super flexible and strong. The sticky buckles allow you to organize the cable in a way that is convenient for you. You can even cut it to the length you need.
- This USB C-to-USB C cable features an innovative 90 degree “L” design. This cable can be used to extend the life of your charging cable by preventing the end from being bent.
- This type of fast charging cable supports PD3.0 and QC3.0 fast charging. It can be used with USB Power Delivery adapters like 18W/30W/45W/60W.
- Laser welding technology is integrated into the device, ensuring that the metal parts won’t crack. This cable is one of the strongest ever made and can withstand 175 lbs.
- This cable is Type-C to Type C. This cable is not compatible with USB-A or lighting connectors. It is compatible with almost all USB-C devices.
What makes a USB-C charger best for your iPad Mini 6?
The first thing you must do before purchasing the USB Type-C connection is to be sure that it’s in line with the specifications of the USB-C cable. USB Type-C chargers provide the flexibility of universal connectors to smartphones and laptops. Other devices have also been using USB Type C cables.However, it must be kept in mind that there aren’t all USB type-C cables suitable for your device. A small percentage could damage the hardware on your device.
Take a look at The USB plug
An excellent USB Type-C cable is produced through the extrusion deep-draw technique.It utilizes a single piece of steel to construct the plug, and there is no visible seam on either side. Do not choose a stamped and folded connector.
Purchase a branded USB cable
Purchase a USB Type-C that has a good market reputation. A name you can trust is one you choose to purchase the USB Type C cable. The USB Type-C cable that the top manufacturer typically makes works best for the majority of the users. Do not choose low-end USB type-C cables. You’ll end up running your device down if you opt for cheap cables.
Make sure you know your requirements
Check out what you need. Many cables come with USB-C on one end and have a standard USB plug on the other. It is a risk, So you must be aware of the type that comes with the USB Type C plug you’re considering. Check that the cable is filled with proper dimension wire. Be sure to ensure that the dimension of your resistor’s size is appropriate.
Review the cable
If you’re buying a USB charger on the internet, be sure to read the reviews on the product to determine whether it works with various other gadgets or is not. If you’re looking to purchase the USB Type C charger offline, go through the review on any USB Type C Compliant website
The compact size of the iPad mini has been its winning feature ever since the start, but the combination of next-generation hardware, feature-rich iPadOS 15, and a larger screen makes it even better. While Apple is yet to include wireless charging to the iPad, and there are chances it might never happen, you would still want to invest in a decent iPad charging dock or the USB-C hubs for iPad Pro. We’ve reviewed a few of those too here, so do check them out.