Notes play a large part in our day-to-day life, and the notes app makes it even more inclusive in our daily routine. Be it your grocery list, someone’s phone number, or more that you might forget. So, why not save it on your lovely phone.
Notes are primarily helpful for numerous purposes, and the notes app makes it even easier to write valuable and necessary things down. Say you have articles that you wrote in your free time or some important message or idea to yourself, in the Notes app.
All these can be done on your iPhone too, but it is a lot easier to read and edit these things on an iPad, credit to its large screen and smoothness.
Not only that, but you also might need these important notes to present in your online meeting, which will be much better with your iPad. So, here’s how you can sync notes from your iPhone to your iPad.
Notes not syncing? Check these things first
You can sync iPhone notes directly to your iPad. But what if that’s not working for some reason. Well, here are the things that you should check first so that you can easily sync all your notes:
- Make sure that the “Notes” function on iCloud is up and running. If the iCloud service is down for any reason, then you would need to wait till Apple fixes the error.
- Ensure that you have an active internet connection and that your iCloud storage isn’t full. If your iCloud storage is full, try deleting old files.
- You need both of your devices linked to the same iCloud account. This will allow you to make a note on one device and simply sync it to the other device.
Follow the steps below to sync iPhone notes directly to your iPad. Plus, if you don’t want to use the same account on both of your devices, we have a solution for that.
Solution 1: sync notes from iPhone to iPad with iCloud
iCloud is a cloud app service developed by Apple for its devices. It was designed to create a backup of the users’ data, including Photos, Videos, and Notes.
Since it always has a backup of data stored in some Apple server somewhere, it is instrumental in syncing data anywhere and anytime; you need an internet connection. So now, let’s see how you can Sync Notes and other data using the iCloud service.
- First, you need to make sure you have your iCloud setup. If not, go to Settings -> iCloud and signup using your Apple ID.
- You will see several options like Photos, Mail, Contacts, and other services when logged in.
- Turn on the options for services you want to sync with your iPad. And then make sure your Sync Setting is turned on.
Now you need to repeat this process on your iPad with the same Apple ID and wait for some time, and that’s it. You will have your notes and other selected data on your iPad.
Note: Make sure both your devices have an internet connection. The time taken depends on the speed of your internet connection.
Solution 2: sync notes from iPhone to iPad without iCloud
Syncing can be done using iCloud, iTunes, Airdrop, or Bluetooth, but they are pretty time-consuming and are never so feature-rich as the process I will tell you about right now.
The process I’m talking about is using 3rd party apps. These apps help you sync, transfer, backup, restore, and manage your iOS devices, perfect if you want to sync notes from your iPhone to your iPad.
One such tool that I highly recommend using is MobileTrans. With MobileTrans’ secure and fast transfer service, you can sync not just notes but also Contacts, Messages, WhatsApp data, Calendars, Photos, Videos, and music to your iPad. Besides being fast, easy to use, and secure, it supports all iPhone, iPad, and iPod models.
And MobileTrans also helps you transfer data between iOS and Android devices. So, let’s get ahead to see how it works.
- For the First step, download and install MobileTrans on your mac/PC.
- Connect your iPhone and iPad to your PC and launch MobileTrans -> Phone Transfer.
- Now, you will see options, of which you need to select one depending on the ‘Source’ of your data and the ‘Destination’ device, in this case, iPhone and iPad, respectively.
Select the Phone-to-Phone option.
- Select the iPhone as the Source and iPad Destination or vice-versa, depending on your requirement, using the Flip button.
- Choose the types you want to transfer and click on Start.
Note: Selecting the option ‘Clear data before copy’ at the bottom of the destination source section will clear old data from the destination phone. Choose Carefully.
- The process will start, and you will get a notification when it is completed.
And that’s it. You have successfully transferred all the notes and required files from one device to another, in this case, from your iPhone to your iPad.
Bonus tips for managing iPhone / iPad notes
Now that you know how to sync and transfer notes from your iPhone to your iPad let’s look at a few tips and tricks for managing your iPhone notes. Here are 7 tricks that are sure to help you out and make your life easier:
- Advanced Search – iPads are great for handwritten notes, drawings, or notes with images. However, did you know that you can also include images and search them by typing in a specific related term to the image? Well, now you do, so go and give it a shot.
- Improved Organization – A quick tip for managing all your notes is by making folders. You can create main folders and subfolders and even move folders to different locations to easily manage your notes.
- Better Formatting Options – You can make your notes perfect by formatting with multiple options. You can indent words, create headings, and a whole lot more. So, make sure to use those to create better notes.
- Add Notes with Siri – An easy way of creating and managing notes is by using Siri. Yes, you can ask Siri to create a note and add all the things that you need by simply speaking. Definitely, a must-try feature.
- Password Protection – There are some notes that you have to keep private. You can make sure no one snoops around your notes by making them password protected. Click on your note and then lock it by tapping on the lock icon in the top-right corner.
- Note Pinning – Do you have some notes that you frequently use? Pinning it might be the best solution for you. Make sure to pin notes for easy access, navigation, and management to them.
- Scanning Documents – Finally, the last tip that you can use is to help you scan physical documents and convert them into notes. All you need to do is use your iPhone’s camera and scan the document, and it will automatically be transferred as a note.
How do I get my Notes on my iPhone to sync with my iPad?
You can get your notes to sync with your iPad by enabling notes syncing on your devices. You can do this by going into settings and then selecting the iCloud syncing options. Here, you need to toggle on syncing notes and log in to your iPhone and iPad with the same iCloud account.
Why won’t my Notes sync from iPhone to iPad?
Since we are syncing data, i.e., loading our data with an account, we need the same account to download that data to the other device. So, you should keep in mind that both your iPhone and iPad should be using the same Apple ID and iCloud account.
How do I export Notes from my iPhone?
You can export notes from your iPhone by launching the Notes app and opening a message you’d like to export. Now, select “Export as PDF” and save the file. Plus, you can add tags to the pdf if you want to.
To put all of it together, you can easily sync Notes and many other files like photos, videos, and music from iPhone to iPad using the above-given ways. They are all considerably easy but might take some time for the whole process.
However, if you use the MobileTrans method, you can not only sync notes from iPhone to iPad but almost every file between any set of devices very efficiently and securely. While iCloud, iTunes, and AirDrop are also great if you need to transfer data between iOS and macOS devices.
With the hope that this article helped you with more than what you wanted to know, let us bid Adieu!!